Thursday, October 7, 2010

Officially Fall

When I woke up this morning it was 60 degrees outside!!!! Hooray. I quickly put on a sweater and took Liam outside to soak it all up. Memories of college in the fall quickly flashed back to my mind. I remember freshman year, moving my bed under the window so I could sleep with the cold air blowing on me. I would study with the window open listening to Diana Krall. So naturally, I cracked open all of our windows and put some jazz music on. This is fall to me. All I need is a pumpkin spice latte (but I probably shouldn't since I had one yesterday). I am contemplating making pumpkin spice cupcakes again though. :)

Last night I think I made one of my favorite dinners. So easy and fresh. I was too busy eating it that I forgot to take a picture so I stole one from the website. They are mini pizzas with fresh grape tomatoes, arugula, and pecorino. I just bought some pizza dough from the Publix deli, about $2.60 for a pound and it made 4 mini pizzas. I loved it the way it was, but of course Dylan was wondering where the meat was. So I think next time we make it I'll put some Italian sausage on his. Top it of with a nice glass of Chianti and it's a great, easy, and light dinner.


Individual Pizzas with Arugula, Pecorino, and Tomatoes
from Martha Stewart

Ingredients:
  • Olive oil, for baking sheet and for serving (optional for serving)
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 4 individual pizza shells from 1 pound Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough, fresh or frozen
  • 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
  • 3 cups baby arugula
  • 3 ounces shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, for serving

  • Directions
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Turn a large baking sheet upside down; rub with oil. Using your hands, crush tomatoes into a pulp in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
  • Spread crushed tomatoes on pizza shells; sprinkle with red-pepper flakes. Bake until crusts are golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
  • In a bowl, toss arugula with Pecorino; top pizzas with salad. Drizzle with vinegar and, if desired, oil.


  • Read more at Marthastewart.com: Individual Pizzas with Pecorino, Arugula, and Tomatoes - Martha Stewart Recipes


    No comments:

    Post a Comment