Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Gospel Community

Our first year in Miami was tough. Ministry was hard, we didn't feel connected to anyone outside of work, and we were ready to leave. But God told us to stay and every Sunday I see why. He has blessed us with an amazing church. Once we started going to Crossbridge we felt connected to people right away. We got plugged into a crazy but awesome community group and made some great friends. Ever since we left for college we never felt like we had a church home until now. Felipe and Marcus welcomed us in, sought to use and shape our gifts, reinforced the gospel, and came alongside us in our ministry at UM.

And this past Sunday as we dedicated Liam, I was reminded of what an amazing community we have here and how sad I am to have to leave it. This is the hardest part about leaving Miami. They (and Tim Keller) have taught us so much about the gospel and about loving and redeeming culture. So this was just a quick shout out to probably my favorite thing about Miami. I'll leave you with a link to all the sermons, the latest I would recommend is One Peace - stellar.

http://www.crossbridgemiami.com/category/teachings/

I hope you are as thankful for your church as we are.


And here's a video of Liam's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment