Friday, October 28, 2011

Working My Way Through Pinterest

If you don't know, Pinterest is the best website out there. Endless pictures of inspiration for decorating, cooking, crafting, cleaning, organizing, etc. It really is addicting. After many "pins" I decided that I actually should start making things rather than just saying that I wanted to make them. So in the last week, I tackled a couple of my pins and wanted to share which ones I tried and what I liked/didn't like about them.

1. Chicken Broccoli Supreme: I searched for a chicken and broccoli casserole so I could freeze half of it for when the baby came. This was really good. I used a little more chicken then what the recipe called for but figured we wouldn't mind the extra protein. At first I was going to serve it with rice, but my husband hates rice so I went with the next recipe.

2. Hasselback Potatoes: I kept seeing these on Pinterest and just had to try them. They didn't come out as crispy as I was hoping. Maybe I was just too impatient to wait for them to cook all the way I don't know. The bottoms were nice and crispy but the rest of the potato was just normal.

3. Snickers Salad: Just 3 ingredients. Snickers bars (frozen), cool whip, and granny smith apples. It did taste good but it can't figure out the right ratios for everything. First I thought I had too much Cool Whip and by the time I got to the end of the dessert I had too much Snickers. I think next time I might add some caramel syrup to it to get more of the caramel apple feel.

4. Mummy Dogs: I just made these yesterday for a Kids Halloween party. Super easy and cute. I used turkey dogs to make them a little bit healthier, but what's one mummy dog gonna hurt.


Once we get a more steady income, I decided to set aside one day a week for Pinterest projects. This way I can hold myself accountable to actually making something rather than mindlessly pinning pictures. It will be fun to finally start checking things off my list.


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment