Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fried Rice

I've been meaning to share this recipe for a while but I kept forgetting. I love asian food but I'm always intimidated by recipes and have never really tried making it at home (except for stir fry). So when I saw this recipe in Martha Stewarts Everyday Food Magazine, I was really excited to try it. It actually was one of the easier meals I've made. It took some time chopping up things and cooking the rice, but I was really pleased with how it came out. Instead of the ground pork I used chicken and shrimp that we had leftover from dinner the previous days. So it really was a cheap meal because I used leftover meat, some leftover rice, and I already had frozen peas and carrots. I look forward to making it again and figuring out whatelse I can serve with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment