Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Post Thanksgiving

It has been a long time since I've written because so much has been going on. Last week, Dylan and I hosted our first family holiday. It was great to not have to go anywhere for a change. We had a full house for thanksgiving, 11 people in all. My sister-in-law and I had the brilliant idea of cooking the meal (which neither of us had done before). It was a lot of work and took careful planning but we pulled it off. And I must admit our turkey was one of the best turkeys I have ever tasted. We do have pictures of it, but they are still on our camera. I don't know why I was so intimidated about the turkey because it was the easiest thing to make. We also made (from scratch) mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, kale, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and a beet salad. It was quite a feast.

Then on Thanksgiving day, Liam started to get sick. We knew something was wrong when he wasn't smiling all day long. The sickness really kicked in after everyone left on Saturday. Stuffy nose, coughing, watery eyes, sneezing. We ended up taking him to the Dr. cause we don't know what we're doing, but they said everything was fine unless he got a fever. But boy were the nights difficult. Monday night he went down at 7 and then woke up every hour. His cough was so bad that he couldn't settle down but the moment I picked him up he collapsed in my arms from exhaustion. Then when I would try to put him back down, he would wake up. So the night ended with Liam finally falling asleep at 1 am in my arms on the floor.

Now, he's feeling a little better but Dylan is REALLY sick. Like flu sick. I think right now he's sleeping on the bathroom floor wrapped in a towel with a space heater on. So our family is completely pitiful right now. Hopefully this night won't be too bad

No comments:

Post a Comment