Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Miami Weekend and Birthday

This past weekend we went to Miami to visit my family and friends. It was our first time going back since we moved in August. We were a little scarred of the drive because Liam hates the car and his carseat, but this weekend he turned a new leaf. He fell asleep in the car on the way there and back AND transferred to bed without freaking out. Bigtime milestone. We enjoyed spending time with my family just hanging out. We actually got to go out to South Beach Saturday night and eat at our favorite restaurant, Fratelli la Bufala. It was just as amazing as I remembered. We were surrounded by Italians and I spent a good portion of our meal eavesdropping on others conversations to see if I could figure out what they were saying. It really did feel like we were in Italy. Then we headed out to Lincoln road to people watch and walk off our meal. It was there that we saw the most beautiful clothing store All Saints.
Dylan and I were just in awe of the design, ambiance, and leather. I was that person that walked around taking pictures because I wanted everything. Materialism to the maxxx. We ended our weekend going back to our amazing church, Crossbridge, and having lunch with pastors, friends, and students. It felt great to be back and hang out with the people we love.

Then yesterday was my 27th birthday. I really can't believe it. How did I become and adult...with a husband...and a baby?! Weird. Well to start the day off right Dylan and I got a couples massage. How did he weasel his way into my birthday celebration? Actually, Dylan's department at work was taking the day off and going to the Ritz Carlton for some rest and relaxation. So we were able to get massages and join his team for lunch and some hang out time at the Spa. They do this every year and this year it just happened to fall on my birthday. We had sushi for dinner with our little buddy and after he was asleep we went to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was a great relaxing day with my boys and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment