Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Night with JEW


Friday night Dylan and I actually went out. It was supposed to be a surprise date for Dylan as an early birthday present, but I just ended up telling him. Surprises are a lot of work and I wanted him to have something to look forward to at the end of his work day. So we went to see Jimmy Eat World play at the House of Blues. It was amazing! Funny thing is that we went to this same concert at the House of Blues 6 years ago when they released Futures. And our sad reality is that we haven't been to ANY concerts in over 2 years. We're lame.

But JEW is amazing and Jim Adkins is a beast. His passion for music literally pours out of his body. As I watched the sweat and spit fly I though, man I want to have that same passion. Their music just effects me. There were times in the concert when I just closed my eyes and soaked it all in. They had this girl singing and playing the keyboard but she really wasn't doing much. I thought I could do that and I would love it. I think that Jimmy Eat World needs some ethnicity in their band and fan base. I'm pretty sure I counted about 6 black people at the concert. It's pretty bad when you can COUNT the black people and are certain you haven't miscounted because you know their faces.

All in all it was a great night and I look forward to our next concert. Hopefully it will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment