Saturday, September 19, 2015

Halloween

Peter Pan & Wendy - Halloween 2014
Halloween can be really fun without all the spooky, scary, monster, and ghost stuff. I didn't grow up celebrating Halloween but I love the costumes, treats, and the celebration of fall. Now that I have kids, I love celebrating with them and keeping it lighthearted.

Film: Curious George Halloween Boo Fest. This is available on Netflix and I think we watched it five times last year. There are also plenty of Halloween episodes of your kids favorite shows playing this week on TV or on Netflix and Hulu. Our kids still love the Disney Junior Halloween episodes of Little Einsteins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Sofia the first, Doc Mc Stuffins, and Elena of Avalor. I grew up watching Hocus Pocus, but now that I'm a parent, it doesn't seem that kid friendly so I haven't let my kids watch it. But who knows, maybe this is the year.

Activity: Trick-or-Treating of course!! Enjoy your time as a family, stay up past bedtime, and indulge in way too much candy.

Art: For me, this week will be spent putting the final touches on Halloween costumes. You can get your kids to help out if you trust them.

Music: I found this Youtube video of fun Halloween songs for little kids. It's like 13 songs and 30 minutes of music in one video or you can search and find the individual songs.

Food: Mummy Dogs. These are great to make for Halloween night before Trick-or-Treating or maybe for a playdate lunch. I think I have made them the last two years.  These Candy Corn Parfaits are easy and a fairly healthy snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment