Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer Ribbon Salad

On a lighter note...

I love summertime produce. Everything is so refreshing, delicious, and cheap. When you buy these things out of season it can get really expensive, but now is the time to buy zucchini, mango, avocado, and corn. I remember in the fall I went to buy corn on the cob and it was like $4 for 4 cobs. This week, I got 10 corn cobs for $3. So I stocked up. And most places you can get 10 mango or avocado for $10.

After reading a few recipes, I was inspired to make something light and yummy. This is pretty much a mashup of my favorite ones, so here goes my best attempt at creating a recipe out of something I did on a whim.



Summer Ribbon Salad
(serves 4ish)

Salad:
2 medium sized zucchini, cut with a potato peeler into ribbons
1 cucumber, ribboned
2 grilled corn cobs, with corn cut off
1 avocado, diced
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
1 champagne mango (it was in season), used for garnish but you can put it in the salad

Dressing
(I really have no idea the measurements, I just made it up as I went along)
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of one lime
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment