Friday, November 25, 2011

Just a day of Eating Turkey

I found it very hard to say that I'm thankful for anything today. Of course I have things to be thankful for but there is an overpowering sense of loss that keeps me from being happy about anything. A year ago today was the last time my family was all together. Tessa and I had the brilliant idea of hosing our first Thanksgiving and we made everything from scratch. It was great and everything turned out delicious. If I had known then that it would be our last, I would have cherished every moment. It's just crazy to think that every passing day is another day further away from us being together.

Today I found myself grieving the loss of my children's grandfather. It all started this morning with a stupid retirement commercial that showed a man just playing with his grandkids and being so happy about spending time with them. My dad would have been a great grandfather and I'm so sad that my kids will never know him. He loved Liam and couldn't wait for him to be at an age where he could really play with him. It just sucks that our kids will have no memories with him and will only know him through stories or pictures.

Dad I wish you could see how crazy and rambunctious Liam is and how beautifully ethnic Felicity is. I can't believe you're not here and that they won't know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment