Thursday, May 27, 2010

Healthy Blueberry Muffins


So I had some blueberries and decided that I wanted to make a healthy blueberry muffin. After searching online, I found this awesome easy recipe. They came out great and I can’t wait to make them again.


For 12 Muffins:


3/4 cups low fat milk

1/2 cup natural applesauce (I didn’t have any so I made some using this simple recipe)

1 egg

1 cup all purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat flour (I didn’t have this either, so I substituted with Almond Flour. It gave them a nice gritty texture)

1/2 cup sugar

3 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup fresh blueberries


Preheat oven 400ºF degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.


Blend milk, applesauce, egg in a small bowl and set aside.
Stir flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and pour wet ingredients into the well. Stir with a spoon just until the flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until golden brown; regular size muffins bake in 18 to 20 minutes, mini-muffins bake in 10 minutes. Immediately remove from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment